Before getting your tan
BEFORE YOUR SESSION
Shower, exfoliate, wax and shave 24 hours before your tanning session. Please DO NOT use a moisturizing soap or body wash (especially Dove or Aveeno) before you tan, as they will act as a barrier against the solution. Have a mani/pedi before your spray tan.
Skin should be clean and dry before being sprayed. Shower before coming to your appointment. Don’t apply moisturizers, deodorants, anti-perspirants, oils, or makeup the day of your tanning appointment. They can affect tan development.
Healthy Organic Airbrush Tanning
1. The entire airbrush tanning session takes approximately 20 minutes.
2. Wear loose, dark clothing. Do not allow your skin to come in contact with any water or product until your tan has fully developed (this will depend on which solution you have applied). This means no make-up, moisturizer, and no activities that will cause you to sweat until after your first shower.
3. When you shower avoid bar soaps, exfoliants and oil-based products. For best results use Shower Glow by Zen Bronze.
4. After your first shower use a water based moisturizer. For best results use Velvet Soft Moisturizing Creme by Zen Bronze. Keeping your skin moisturized will mean longer lasting results and more natural, even fading.
5. If you are going away, use the Zen Bronze Travel Set for best results to keep your tan last for your entire vacation.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Our solution will NOT make you look orange. We have a solution that is derived from sugar instead of carrots, which will make the tan brown instead of orange.
Yes! We customize the solution for all of our clients based upon their skin tone and desired look.
The only difference is shower time. Both solutions have the ability to be as light or as dark as you desire and they both last for the same amount of time. With the Express tan you shower with in 1 to 2 hours for a light tan, 3 to 4 hours for a dark tan. With the Original you shower 8 to 10 hours later. It is important to note that after you shower off
the Express tan, you will feel lighter due to the fact that the bronzer is rinsing off and your tan has only developed for 4 hours.
The tan will then continue to develop for the next 8 hours after your shower, giving you that beach glow that you desire. With the Original solution, the tan will darken until you shower (anytime after 10 hours). You will then wash off the bronzer layer and instantly become a shade lighter. The color that you see when you finish showering off the Original tan will be the actual color of your tan.
We suggest that you wear loose, dark colored clothing. This ensure that your clothing will not rub on the spray tan as you are leaving and that the spray tan will not stain your clothing.
You can work out or engage in anything that will make you sweat AFTER you have showered and initially rinsed off the airbrush tan. If you use the Express solution that will be after 1 to 2 hours and if you use the Regular solution that will be after 8 to 10 hour.
At most your appointment will take 20 minutes.
No it will not! We customize the solutions to give you the most natural looking tan.
Yes! Airbrush tanning does not protect you from the sun or UV so definitely wear proper sun protection.
Unfortunately no you cannot. The airbrush tan will stick to the peeling skin and will not look very nice. We suggest that you come in when you’re skin is not peeling.
We suggest that you exfoliate and moisturize the night before you appointment. If you apply moisturizer immediately before your appointment it will block the airbrush tan.
Avoid oil-based soaps and lotions, for example Dove soap and Aveeno lotion contain high amounts of oils. Oils strip airbrush tans. Avoid exfoliating while you have the airbrush tan. We suggest that you schedule manicures/pedicures and waxing before your airbrush tan appointment because these services tend to involve exfoliating.
We provide disposable thongs, hairnets, and sticky feet for you. You can choose to go topless or wear a bra or bikini as well.